The best buy from my recent trip to Bangkok has to be pomegranates! I bought 4 juicy ones at 50 baht ($2.08) each and they are crunchy, sweet and all so lovely. The last time we had it was in Morocco near the Sahara desert and we have been craving it. This fruit is really hard to find in Singapore and even if found costs a bomb. The cheapest alternative will be bottled fruit juices from Marigold.
After some research, I found out that this fruit is the oldest fruit found in ancient scriptures and writings and has been revered as a symbol of health, fertility and eternal life too. A glass of pomegranate juice has more antioxidants than red wine, green tea, blueberries and cranberries. We are going to make it a daily or weekly routine to drink more from this royal fruit!
- Most powerful anti-oxidant of all fruits
- Potent anti-cancer and immune supporting effects
- Inhibits abnormal platelet aggregation that could cause heart attacks, strokes and embolic disease
- Lowers cholesterol and other cardiac risk factors
- Lowers blood pressure
- Shown to promote reversal of atherosclerotic plaque in human studies
- May have benefits to relieve or protect against depression and osteoporosis