I was reminiscing the yummy mee pok dry from Loving Hut Suntec and decided for Sunday lunch we will make our own. Following this simple recipe from here, all we needed for the mee pok sauce are as follows:
- Fresh Mee Pok – 1 Bundle
- Canola Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Black Vinegar – 3/4 Tbsp
- Sambal Chilli – 1 Tbsp (we did not have this so we replaced it with tomato ketchup)
- Light Soy Sauce – 3/4 Tbsp
Method used to make Plain Mee Pok Dry:
- Bring a pot of water to boil.
- Add in the mee pok and cook for about 3 minutes. Taste to check the firmness of the noodles.
- While the mee pok is cooking, in a bowl, add in canola oil, black vinegar, sambal chilli and light soy sauce.
- When the mee pok is cooked, place the mee pok in the same bowl.
- Stir and mix well.
- Add toppings, if any. (We added stir fry silken tofu, edamame and steamed dumplings as sides).
- Serve and slurp
We had remaining edamame and dumplings so we steamed them both and served them together with our mee pok. We also added a simple healthy stir fry silken tofu with black pepper, salt and ground coriander.
A super easy dish to whip up within minutes and we cannot wait to whip up more recipes using mee pok noodles.