For dinner tonight I’ve decided to make some avocado pesto pasta found from Chef Chloe site!
- 1 pound organic fusilli
- 1 bunch fresh basil, reserve some leaves for garnish
- ½ cup pine nuts
- 1 avocados, pitted and peeled
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (I used all the juices from one whole lemon)
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ cup olive oil (I used 1/4 and added the remaining while tossing the pesto with the pasta)
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- A handful of baked cashew nuts (I added this on my own after observing so many store bought pesto sauce containing this ingredient)
Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Add fusilli and cook according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, make the pesto by combining basil, pine nuts, cashew nuts, avocado, lemon juice, garlic, and oil in a food processor. Process until smooth. Season generously with salt and pepper.
Toss pasta with pesto. For an extra touch of color and flavor, top pasta with cherry or sun-dried tomatoes(optional). Divide pasta among serving bowls and garnish each serving with a basil leaf.
A stunning dish that was not only pretty to look at but super yummy too!