I saw a blogger posting the latest macaroons creations from Delcie Desserts on instagram and I was thrilled they were selling it earlier this afternoon. At $8 for 3 pieces, it was about the price of a normal macaroons sold out there. I got a combination of 1 almond and 2 hazelnut flavours and bumped into the owner herself as she was baking some freshly made cookies! From our conversation, her main clients are people who requires special cakes due to their health or dietary restrictions such as people who are diabetic or requires gluten free desserts and she even does baby friendly cakes too! Wow:)
Delcie highly recommended me to try the almond flavour as they look and taste just like the real stuff. She was chatty, friendly and I’m thrilled to hear she has 3 full time bakers working with her too. Hopefully one day she can open a healthy baking school to educate more people on healthy baking and their benefits or more outlets too. I asked if she was holding any cooking lessons and she mentioned she will only start a class if 6 people sign up. Here’s a shout out to any one who is keen to learn baking from her, let us know. Maybe we could plan a mini vegan baking bonding session for anyone interested in healthy baking!
I asked what was in the macaroons and she told me some sugar, some tapioca starch and more vegan ingredients (trade secrets:P) were used to create this outstanding dessert. Even when I googled online for a macaroon recipe, none came as close to the look and texture of hers. I say it’s an amazing job and even after eating this, we are still not big fans of macaroons as they always taste too sweet for our liking!
But for anyone who are macaroons fans, there is no excuse to get a healthier version that taste just as good:)
Mother’s day is also coming up and we’ve decided to pre-order a gorgeous looking chocolate truffle cake for our beautiful mums as a surprise!
- 190 middle road #01-28B, Fortune Centre s188979 (map)
- Nearest MRT: Bugis MRT or Bras Basah MRT
Contact Us / Phone Us (Mon-Sun 11am-6pm)
- Outlet: +65 6333 9684
- Kindly take note that our outlet do not take phone orders, cake ordering enquiries or customised cake enquires. For such enquiries, you will be directed to visit our website for more details or kindly contact our sales line at 9789 2309.
- For order, please use our online order form.
- If you experience difficulties in calling through our outlet number, we may be serving customers at the moment and is unable to pick up your call. You may try calling back later or send us an enquiry email. If it is urgent purchase, we will suggest you to walk in to our store.