A few weeks back, we received an email from Luke Hungryangmo and he shared a recipe by his girlfriend Shanel. They have a less than one minute brownie recipe which was vegan! WOW:) We could not wait to try it and tonight was perfect as my parents were coming over so we could have a feast!
- 2 tbs of vegan butter/margarine
- 2 tbs of sugar
- 1 tbs of light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 flax egg (mix 1/2 tbs flaxmeal in 2 tbs of hot water)
- 4 tbs of flour
- 1 tbs of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbs of semi sweet chocolate chips
- Melt butter in microwave safe mug.
- Stir together butter, sugars, vanilla and salt.
- Stir in flax egg.
- Add flour and cocoa powder and stir again until well combined.
- Finally, add chocolate chips.
- Cook for about 30-40 seconds in microwave. Do not over cook as it will continue cooking whilst cooling. (It was ready by 30 seconds for us!)
I decorated the brownie mixture with the chocolates all around it and it looked like a sweet studded present! The texture was just like any chocolate brownie, very fudge like and really rich. It was not too sweet too and we topped it up with some homemade frozen banana ice cream too:) Super yummy! Thank you guys for this awesome instant recipe!
Earlier for dinner, I remade japanese curry udon and our little smallie had to sit around and watch my every move!
Another simple and satisfying meal to end the crazy week:)