I love our blender to death! It was the best present Jason and Min showered us last year and we’ve been using them almost every day to make soups, shakes, smoothies to ice creams:) I was itching for some warm muffins this morning and googled for an easy one. I finally found a recipe from Fine and Fair blog that does not require me to mix with my hand but with the blender! Best part it is oil free, flour free and butter/margarine free too.
Gluten, Dairy, and Egg Free Banana Muffins
*Makes approximately 15 muffins. (I only made 9 big fat ones)
- 2/1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 2 tbsp flax seed meal stirred into 4 tbsp water (The original recipe calls for 2 eggs.)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 ripe medium – large bananas
- 1/2 – 1 cup add-ins of your choice (we used cranberries instead)
1. Using a food processor or blender, blend oats until they are ground to a flour.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients to your blender, mix well. (I stirred in the cranberries by hand.)
3. In a silicone muffin tin or a greased metal muffin tin, fill muffin cups about 2/3 full.
4. Bake at 375 degrees (190 degrees) for 21-26 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. (I baked them for 24 minutes and they were just right).
It looked and smelled good after it came right out of the oven. After cooling it for a while, I tried them and found them not sweet at all (I added too little sugar and might try baking these again with coconut sugar! Thankfully the cranberries added the extra sweetness to this and I might have added extra baking powder so the taste was a tad sour but the muffins turned out moist and held together nicely.