The next product we bought was Dirty Toothy Tabs- an eco-friendly toothpaste that does not come in a plastic tube and is as awesome as any toothpaste! Each pack contains 40 tabs and here are the steps to use them taken from the packaging I got. There are countless youtube video reviews of people in love with this product too!
1. Place one Toothy Tab between your front teeth. Nibble to break up.
2. Wet your toothbrush and start brushing your teeth.
3. The Toothy Tab will begin to foam, helping to clean your teeth.
4. Rinse your mouth well and spit it out.
5. Give yourself a cheesy grin in the mirror
6. Pop the box in a dry place
7. Recycle the cardboard box when it is empty.
Ingredients: (I love the fact that every single ingredient they use have a picture and description to them)
The key ingredient and flavour of dirty is spearmint oil and this ingredient is commonly used in oral hygiene products because of its ability to freshen your breath and give you that “tingly clean” feeling.
- Easy to use
- Foams up really quickly
- Good for travel (very light)
- Clean breath after brushing
- Great for bringing out to meetings or school daily after each meal
- Not cheap (Cost $4 after 50% discount and we need 3 packs of this if we are both using it twice a day, making it $0.10 per use!)
- The mint taste only happens when you first crunch but while brushing it was tasteless
- Chalky during brushing process but it was for a short time
- Getting used to this concept
- If you hate mint you will not like this
These tables are not only great for their compact nature, they are also based with great ingredients of sodium bicarbonate and kaolin meaning they are very gentle on your dental cavity (posh, ey!), sodium bicarbonate has also proven to be an effective and gentle teeth whitening remedy.
Many people question the fact that there is no fluoride in toothy tabs, however fluoride is an existing substance in most tap water areas, particularly within the UK and in Singapore too.
The tablets are packed full of wholesome essential oils and come in an array of titles, each having tailored made scents with whimsical sounding ingredients from wasabi, to rise, to traditional spearmint. There are 40 tablets in each packet!
Toothy tabs are great as gifts for friends and family who travel frequently, the eco-friendly, everyday home use or just the big kids at heart! We cannot wait to pack this for our upcoming trips as this is so light in comparison to the heavy fat plastic toothpaste tubes.