I was googling for more avocado recipes and chanced upon this really quick and fuss free creamy avocado pasta from Oh She Glows! I had all the ingredients in the house and whipped this up for lunch today.
Yield: Serves 2 (I used the following recipe for one!)
- 1 medium sized ripe Avocado, pitted
- 1/2 lemon, juiced + lemon zest to garnish
- 1-3 garlic cloves, to taste (I used less than one and was still too garlicky for my liking)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
- ~1/4 cup Fresh Basil, (probably optional) (I used an olive oil with basil in them)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 servings/6 oz of your choice of pasta (I used 3oz of spelt and 3 oz of Kamut spaghetti)- I had one portion of whole wheat spaghetti
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Bring several cups of water to a boil in a medium sized pot. Add in your pasta, reduce heat to medium, and cook until Al Dente, about 8-10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, make the sauce by placing the garlic cloves, lemon juice, and olive oil into a food processor. Process until smooth. Now add in the pitted avocado, basil, and salt. Process until smooth and creamy.
3. When pasta is done cooking, drain and rinse in a strainer and place pasta into a large bowl. Pour on sauce and toss until fully combined. Garnish with lemon zest and black pepper. Serve immediately. Makes 2 servings.
Please note: This dish does not reheat well due to the avocado in the sauce. Please serve immediately. I would suggest adding less lemon juice to the blended mix as it tasted too acidic for me, thankfully I balanced them with sweet pomegranate or perhaps I should have balanced some sugar in the mixture for a better taste. Overall it was super easy to make this and it tasted really creamy but light.