I had some leftover vegetables and decided to make my first raw pad thai. The gravy was rich and very nutty which I loved and it was quite filling despite it just being vegetables. It could make a great starter for any meal too.
Yield: 2 large servings + scant 2/3 cup dressing
- 1 medium zucchini, julienned or spiraled
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced (Did not add this)
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
For the dressing (adapted from my Spicy Peanut Lime Sauce):
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup raw almond butter (or try peanut butter)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium tamari
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2.5 teaspoons pure maple syrup (or other sweetener)
- 1/2 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger (I used ginger powder!)
1. Prep vegetables. Add the zucchini and pepper into one large bowl. Toss with hands to combine.
2. Prepare the dressing by processing all dressing ingredients in a mini processor (or simply whisk by hand). The dressing may seem a bit thin at first, but it thickens as it sits.
3. Top bowls with edamame (or tofu), green onion, hemp seeds, and sesame seeds. Pour on dressing and enjoy!