After our successful vegan apple pie, we were itching for something sweet and crunchy for supper the next day. We used the puff pastry we bought and made mini cinnamon rolls! They were really easy to make and was super tiny. Once they were done, we finished them pretty quickly. Again, the buttery texture was missing and we might try making our own puff pastry dough just to compare the difference in taste and texture.
Yields 16 (We made 12 mini ones)
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar (We used half of this amount!)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon (1 teaspoon was more than enough)
- Generous pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts (We did not add this)
- 1/2 cup dried currants (We added a sprinkle)
- 1 sheet Borg’s Puff Pastry, thawed
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. (200C)
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon and salt. In another small bowl, combine walnuts and currants.
- Lightly flour your countertop or baking board.
- Roll pastry sheet into a 14×11-inch rectangle.
- Sprinkle evenly with sugar mixture then with walnut mixture.
- Starting at the short side of the rectangle, roll pastry up jelly-roll style.
- Use a sharp knife to evenly cut the roll crosswise into 16 pieces.
- Place each piece on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.