Another yummy dish I made was Cheezy Tortilla Pizza with Kale $14/bunch and Tequila Capsicum $3.50/100g from Supernature. The cheezy sauce recipe was the star of this dish! It made the pizza really creamy and we added in some sliced tofu pups $13 for 8 pieces. The tofu pups tasted quite soft and reminded us of the ones we had at Veganburg some time back. It was not as flavourful as the Tofurky ones but was a good addition for texture in the pizza.
The recipe for the pizza is simple to follow and comes from one of our favourite vegan food blog; Oh She Glows!
Cheezy Tortilla Pizzas for Two
Yield: 2 pizzas
- 2 tortillas (I used Food for Life Ezekiel tortillas)
- 1.5-2 cups cooked black beans (or one 15-oz can) (I did not add this and added Tofu Pups instead)
- 1/3 cup 5-ingredient cheeze sauce
- 3 tbsp minced fresh Parsley (or herb of choice) (I did not add this)
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, chopped (I used tequila capsicum instead)
- 1/2 avocado, chopped (I used a cup of kale leaves)
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt (to taste) and ground cumin spice, to taste
- Pizza sauce
- Sprinkle of Daiya cheese or other non-dairy cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment or non-stick baking mat.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the vegetables, cheeze sauce, tofu pups, onion, pepper, and seasonings until combined.
3. Place tortillas on baking sheet and add your desired amount of pizza sauce on top. Divide bean mixture between two tortillas and spread with a spoon.
4. Sprinkle on cheese and bake for 10 minutes at 350F and then broil for 2 minutes on low heat until golden. Watch closely as it can burn quickly on the broil setting.